It’s the holiday season…here’s a yummy and healthy pumpkin pie recipe to try out.
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 (13.5oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- pinch pure stevia, or 2 tbsp extra brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipe: Preheat oven to 400F. Blend all ingredients together until smooth, then pour into a prepared pie crust (such as the recipe below) in a 10-inch round pan. Bake 27 minutes (it will still be underdone after this time, which is okay!), let it cool, then refrigerate at least 5 hours uncovered for the pie to thicken and “set.” Note: I’ve not tried this healthy pumpkin pie recipe with any milk other than full-fat canned coconut milk. Feel free to experiment with other milks, but I can’t vouch for the results.
- 1 1/2 cups ww pastry flour or all-purpose flour (Almond flour may work but I have not tried it. Many readers have said gf all-purpose flour will work.)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup xylitol or sugar of choice
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil (80g)
- 2-4 tbsp water (I used 3)
Preheat oven to 200F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add oil and stir. Add water as needed until it just sticks together but is not gummy. • Press evenly into a 10-inch pie pan. Put the crust in the oven and immediately increase the temperature to 350F. (The crust will rise, so either use pie weights during baking or just press the pie crust back down afterwards.) Bake 15 minutes. Let cool.