If you’re looking for a plant-based, healthy and delicious recipe to try, be sure to check this one out.
Baked Lentil Veggie Nuggets
● 1 cup split red lentils soaked in boiling hot water for 30 minutes
● 1 medium organic zucchini, grated
● 1 large organic carrot grated
● 2 slices gluten-free and grain-free sliced bread untoasted
● 1/4 cup frozen peas
● 1/4 cup frozen corn
● 1/2 tsp. salt
● 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
● 1/4 tsp. fresh oregano
● 1/2 tsp. paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add your bread slices to a food processor and process until a breadcrumb consistency is achieved. Then transfer your bread crumbs into a large bowl, add the frozen corn and peas to the same bowl and set aside.
3. Drain your lentils and add them to the food processor along with your grated carrot, zucchini, and all the seasonings. Process until broken down and well combined. Then transfer to the bowl with the breadcrumbs, and mix to combine.
4. Form 1-1.5″ balls using your hands, and place them on your baking tray. Then press each one down gently, without breaking them, to form your nuggets.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, carefully flipping them at the 15-minute mark. Let your nuggets cool at room temperature for at least 5 minutes to help them firm up. Then serve with veganaise or tahini.
By, This Healthy Kitchen