Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice.
Easy 1 Pot Fried Rice. No grains, low carb. So fluffy and so good.
Vegan Gluten-free Grain-free Nut-free Recipe. Serve with stir-fries.
- 1/2 tsp oil optional
- 1/4 cup (40 g) onion or shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup (140 g) peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup (74.5 g) chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 head of medium cauliflower, 2.5 to 3 cups shredded
- 1/4 head of broccoli, about 1 cup shredded, or use more cauliflower
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp Asian chile sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a generous dash of black pepper
- scallions for garnish
- Cook onion and garlic in oil (or 1 tbsp broth) over medium heat until golden. Add ginger, bell pepper, veggies, peas and carrots and a dash of salt. Mix, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shredded cauliflower or cauliflower+ broccoli, sauces, salt, and pepper and mix well. (I use a food processor with S blade for making shredded cauliflower rice. Chop and pulse until evenly shredded. Use similar size florets for best result).
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Fluff really well, cover and let sit to steam for another 2 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be cooked to a bit more than al dente, but still have just a slight bite.
- Taste and adjust salt, flavor. Fluff again. Serve hot as is or with some stir fry or baked tofu. Add some Asian chile sauce or some soy sauce for garnish when serving as is. I serve it with some stir fry like the Baked Tofu and Eggplant with Soy Lime Sauce.